The Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum is a great place to visit to add a little education to your family vacation. It's dedicated to preserving and interpreting the life and legacy of Richard Nixon, the 37th President of the United States. Located in President Nixon's birth town, Yorba Linda, it's only around a 20 minute drive from the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites.
The library and museum has something for everyone. A place for the history buff as well as the leisure traveler, the Nixon Library offers a variety of experiences to ensure your visit is special.
Take your picture in the replica of President Nixon's Oval Office
Here are just a few of the things you can see and do at the Nixon Library:
- Explore the museum exhibits: The museum features exhibits on Nixon's life and career, his presidency, and his post-presidency. You can learn about Nixon's role in the Watergate scandal, his foreign policy initiatives, and his domestic achievements.
- Visit the Birthplace: Nixon was born in Yorba Linda in 1913, and his birthplace is now part of the library and museum complex. You can tour the house and learn about Nixon's early life and family.
- Book a specialized theme tour: The Nixon Library has created special group experiences, complete with immersive activities, personal tour guides, and uniquely tailored visits designed for your group. Examples: "Nixon and Nature" EPA Scavenger Hunt, "Evening the Odds" Title IX Scavenger Hunt, etc.
- Attend a special event: The Nixon Library and Museum hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, including lectures, film screenings, and book signings. Be sure to check the library's website for a calendar of events before you visit.
President Nixon's Birthplace
Here are a few tips for making the most of your visit to the Nixon Library:
- Wear comfortable shoes: There is a lot of walking involved in visiting the Nixon Library and Museum. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes so you can enjoy your visit.
- Bring a camera: There are many photo opportunities at the Nixon Library and Museum. Be sure to bring a camera to capture your memories.
- Allow plenty of time: The Nixon Library and Museum is a large complex, and there is a lot to see and do. Allow at least two hours to visit the museum and the archives.
After an excellent recent visit ourselves, we encourage our guests to visit the Nixon Library. It's a fun and educational adventure that you're sure to enjoy.
Find out more at https://www.nixonfoundation.org/
Need to add another day to your visit? Save more with our Stay Longer and Save Discount!