This year was one of the most magical yet! With the kickoff of the Disney100 Celebration in January that continued through the year, Disney unveiled a silver and purple wave of magic that encompassed the entire resort. The Lunar New Year Festival and the Food and Wine Festival made their annual appearance at the resort with great success and the holidays are halfway through, with their spooky Halloween Time just finishing up and the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort in full swing. These staples are guest favorites at the parks (which is your favorite??) and always gives the experience a little something extra.
There were many new experiences brought to the Disneyland Resort this year. Here are some of our favorite additions in 2023:
- Disney100 Begins: The launch of Disney100 in January added a new Fireworks show and World of Color show that enchanted guests with their nightly performances.
- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway: We started off the year strong with this new attraction in (the also newly reimagined) Toontown. This zany adventure takes you into the cartoon world as you join Mickey, Minnie, and friends on a railway adventure.
- Magic Happens Parade: This parade made its triumphant return in February after its premiere lasted only a few months in 2020 due to park closure.
- Mickey's Toontown: A reimagined Toontown opened in March with new picnic and play areas.
- San Fransokyo Square: This new land opened right at the end of summer with Baymax and friends moving into the area with all new experiences for guests.
- Tiana's Palace: This new restaurant opened in the French Quarter in September and has been serving up the delicious flavors of New Orleans ever since.
- Adventureland Treehouse: opening in November, this new treehouse in Adventureland follows the story of a family who has made their home in this beautiful tree powered entirely by waterwheel.
So what do you think, did we miss anything? Keep an eye out for an upcoming look at what 2024 will bring to the Disneyland Resort and thank you to all our guests who visit us this year! We look forward to keeping that tradition alive next year, and for many years to come after that.